SEO Analyst:Career, Salary, Education, Responsibility, Scope & Everything About Software Developer
In this section of Career Advice, we are going to cover topic “SEO analyst”.
What does a SEO analyst do?
- SEO is known as Search Engine Optimization and the backbone of all online marketing agencies.
- Any business success is not possible in the world without SEO.
- An SEO analyst has many responsibilities. The primary goal of the job is to maintain the integrity of the company’s website.
- It is their job to make sure that people are consistently visiting the site and spreading a good reputation to the cyber-world.
Education required for SEO analyst:
- 1 – 2 years experience in Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Experience with website analysis using a variety of analytics tools including Google Analytics as well as internal reporting tool.
- Experience working with CMS and building/administering content in CMS environments.
Skills require for SEO analyst
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or information technology ,BS/BA degree preferred
- One to three years in online marketing.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and various programming languages.
- Content Creation & Curation
- Data Analysis
- Google Search Console& Webmaster Tools
- Excel Sheets or Similar Applications for Reporting
SEO analyst Salary:
- Median Annual Salary: ₹306K
- Top 10% Annual Salary: More than ₹548K
- Bottom 10% Annual Salary: ₹164K
Roles & Responsibilities of SEO Analyst:
- Conduct the on-site and off-site SEO competitor analysis.
- Communicate to management and team on project development, timelines, and results.
- Execute strategies for developing content in coordination with SEO goals – general and keyword specific.
- Guide the content team to produce SEO-friendly content.
- Do research and administer on new social media tools to support client’s’ social media strategy.
- Work closely with the team members to meet client goals.
- Manage the day-to-day search marketing activities across multiple search engines including campaign planning, optimization of paid search campaigns and budget management.
- Provide SEO analysis and necessary recommendations while coordinating with elements and structure of websites and web pages.
- Conduct keyword research using various tools (like Keyword Planner and Moz)
- Track important SEO metrics including organic traffic, conversion rates and time spent on page.
12 Steps to Become SEO Analyst
There are few steps to become an SEO Analyst, which are as follows:
Step 1: Learn Basic HTML & CSS
You need to learn the basic HTML & CSS so that you can quickly figure out if there are HTML or CSS issues in the website you analyse and get that fixed quickly.
Step 2: Read about the SEO Best Practices
To become an SEO Analyst you first need to understand SEO completely. You would need to learn the on-page SEO and Off-page SEO.But, it is good have knowledge in both forms of SEO.
Step 3: Learn about Keyword Research
Keywords are the important part of the entire SEO work. You need to learn to research the keyword trends, create keyword theme to write or create content which search engines could crawl and rank.
Step 4: Learn Content Creation and Curation
Content is the reason search happens on the internet. To become an SEO Analyst you need to learn how to create quality control.
Step 5: Learn about the Search Engine Algorithms
It is very important for the SEO Analysts to have the knowledge of the search engine algorithms. They also need to track the updates on those algorithm changes periodically.
Step 6: Learn the Analytics Tools
Having expertise in the analytical tools is necessary for the SEO analysts. Because, that’s where they get the data for everything they want to find out.
Step 7: Learn How to Extract and Use Data
You need to learn how to extract data from Analytics tools and compile them in reports and charts. The data would help you make your decisions for SEO changes and to show them to your clients.
Step 8: Learn to Do Technical SEO Audit
You need to have knowledge of doing the technical SEO audits to become an SEO Analyst.
Step 9: Learn to Prepare Charts, Graphs, and Reports in Excel or Google Sheets
Your client or employer would like see the results of your work, and performance of their website. So you need to learn to prepare charts, graphs, and reports in excel sheets or Google Sheets.
Step 10: Test Your Skills
Once you have done all the above activities you would need to test your skills. The best way is to start with doing it by yourself. Start a website or blog and implement your knowledge and learnings. Over the time you will get better at it.
Step 11: Offer Your Service to Someone
Go online and find people whom you can help by offering your service as SEO analyst. If you don’t get paid at first, it is OK.
Step 12: Take Your Client’s Feedback and Improvise
You want to get feedback from your clients on your work. Ask the client if they are happy with your services, and if there is anything else you can do for them. Based on your client’s feedback you can improvise and enhance your skills and make them satisfactory.
Career scope in SEO analyst:
SEO is great career choice and there is bright scope. Now, Marketing spend is slowly shifting from traditional media such as TV, newspaper, billboards and tele-calling to Organic SEO and Social Media.These are the requirements of a senior level SEO in many big companies in India.
Companies Hiring For SEO Analyst:
Google, Facebook, Accenture, Wipro, ISOL Private Limited, Flatworld Solutions, Holidayiq, Lex Meridian, Innofied solution Pvt ltd, In cNut Digital Pvt Ltd, Alpha Resources, Everest web solutions Pvt Ltd, Klick Matters, Blazedream Technologies Pvt Ltd, Comfix, Sachar Gaming Pvt Ltd, SEO India, Infinity Media, Pixel W3 Technologies.
Finding a job according to your skills is not difficult. For convenience you can refer our site for Jobs In SEO Analyst: Click here
If You Want To Get More Daily Such Career Advice Updates Then Press Red Bell Icon At The Right Side of Page To Subscribe our Updates.
Also Read:Interview Question Of SEO Analyst: Click here
Also Read: Full Stack Developer: Career, Salary, Education, Responsibility, Scope: Click here
Join Whatsapp Group of Daily Jobs Updates for 2010-2020 Batch: Click Here
Subscribe Our Telegram Channel for Interview Questions: Click here
Also Read: Daily Morning Skin Care For Glowing Skin: Click here
Also Read:How To Get a Job Easily: Professional Advice For Job Seekers: Click here