Information Security Analyst:Career, Salary, Education, Responsibility, Scope & Everything About Software Developer
In this section of Career Advice, we are going to cover topic “Information Security Analyst”.
What does a Information Security Analyst do?
- The main role of Information Security Analyst is to detects and prevents cyber threats to an organization. do this by coming up with innovative solutions to prevent critical information from being stolen, damaged or compromised by hackers.
- Information security analysts create plans to prevent any malicious or inadvertent use of data, create plans for emergency use, train users on security measures, and monitor access to data.
Information security analysts focus on three main areas:
- Risk assessment – identifying problems an organization might face
- Vulnerability assessment – determining an organization’s weaknesses
- Defense planning – installing protections, such as firewalls and data encryption programs
Education required for Information Security Analyst
There is no firm and fast degree requirement for Information Security Analysts. Nevertheless, most employers are going to be looking for a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security or a related field.
Important Skills for a Information Security Analyst
- Ethical hacking aims to expose weak points and identify potential threats so that the organization can protect itself from malicious hackers. This includes penetration testing during which an analyst will test networks, computers, web-based applications, and other systems to detect exploitable vulnerabilities.
- Intrusion prevention involves monitoring network traffic to detect potential threats and then responding to these threats promptly.
- Incident response manages the negative effects of an attack or breach, from minimizing the impact to altering security controls for future prevention.
- Computer forensics aids in the prevention of crime through the collection, analysis, and reporting of data. It also enables an analyst to create evidence in the event of a breach.
- Reverse engineering allows an analyst to comprehend why a piece of software does what it does so that he/she can patch a bug or analyze malware.
- Median Annual Salary: ₹538K
- Top 10% Annual Salary: More than ₹948K
- Bottom 10% Annual Salary: Less than ₹308K
Duties & Responsibilities of a Information Security Analyst
Information Security Analyst typically do the following:
- To plan, implement and upgrade security measures and controls.
- To perform vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments
- To conduct internal and external security audits.
- To continuously updating the company’s incident response and disaster recovery plans
- To verify the security of third-party vendors and collaborating with them to meet security requirements
Work Schedule of Information Security Analyst:
Most information security analysts work full time. Information security analysts sometimes have to be on call outside of normal business hours in case of an emergency. Some work more than 40 hours per week.
Work Environment for Information Security Analyst:
Many information security analysts work with other members of an information technology department, such as network administrators or computer systems analysts
If You Want To Get More Daily Such Career Advice Updates Then Press Red Bell Icon At The Right Side of Page To Subscribe our Updates.
High Paying Jobs For Information Security Analyst: Click here
Also Read:Interview Question Of Information Security Analyst: Click here
Also Read: Software Developer:Career, Salary, Education, Responsibility, Scope: Click here
Join Whatsapp Group of Daily Jobs Updates for 2010-2020 Batch: Click Here
Subscribe Our Telegram Channel for Interview Questions: Click here
Also Read: Daily Morning Skin Care For Glowing Skin: Click here
Also Read:How To Get a Job Easily: Professional Advice For Job Seekers: Click here